Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Plans for 1.4

Thanks to you guys, I've been able to knock out some issues with KDM fairly quickly. Many bug fixes have been made and additions to the parser. I've put in a lot of error handling to help expedite future fixes.

I think the damage inflicted and damage received aspects of the parser are starting to mature. I know a couple of features every one wants to see are a breakdown of skills and how much damage each skill is contributing (including pets) and the damage each player received. Code has already been implemented that breaks down this information. All that it would require are a few changes that store it and then show it in a pretty format. I'm thinking something nice and tidy like a ListView control where I can add sorting features.

I think these will be a top priority for the next milestone. We'll see what kind of bugs there may be in-between that need fixing.

It wouldn't be difficult at all to publish KDM as an installer that can create the system.ovr file for you. But seeing as KDM is still in beta stages, I think it might be better for now to just leave it as is. I'm still not sure where I stand on letting it save a file in the Aion directory any way.

Another idea I had might be to help calculate how much xp is required to level and how long it would take to level based on the speed in which you're gaining it. Unfortunately, the log doesn't provide information about how much xp you currently have and how much you need to level. These may be values that the user will have to enter manually. I know it would be possible to obtain these values by reading Aion's memory, but that's a no-no so we'll make the best of what we've got.

As we go along, the more types of damage you guys can report to me, the faster we'll find everything covered. I happen to have one character of every class, but I'm a long way off from being able to play them all and see what the first person events look like in the chat log for every scenario. I also don't know what it looks like first or third person when a godstone procs. So, as far as I'm aware, it wouldn't be captured by KDM. If you have something to report, visit KDM Tickets and post a new ticket with the necessary information from the log file.

Well, I'm done rambling on for the night. Enjoy 1.3.5. It's a good update.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, little tool, the act parsser seems to be completly off on numbers.

    I started writing my own but you beat me to it. Still nice to see some of regex strings familiar show up in that config file ;) !

    Im curios did figure a way how to deal with 2 SM identical pets, as they seem to be reported by their names and dont hold any owner reference. Tought i havent done nearly as many log file case tests, so i might be missing something.

    Ill mostlikly skip to ah\crafting parser, im intrested in making parser that gets all the material buys for crafting, so you can track the cost of your stuff. If your intrested in something like that go ahead, less work for me ;)

    Any plans to release parser source or dll ?

    Anyways awesome work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for the feedback.

    Unfortunately, there is no way to tell the difference between two identical pets the way Aion interprets them in the chat log.

    1.5.0 can now keep track of the kinah you earn and spend, but it doesn't really focus on crafting. I'd like to see it become an all around sort of tool and it's heading in that direction.

    ReplyDelete