Thursday, February 11, 2010

More Than One Way to Skin a Cat or a Log File

It would appear that Aion isn't very uniform when it comes to reporting data in the client's log file. While I thought the developers would report information in the same way every time, it's been brought to my attention that I was wrong.

I've found three ways that the log reports a player or npc inflicting damage, two ways to report receiving damage, two ways to report DoTs and two ways to report summons.

This isn't very uniform at all. I'm working on correcting the parser to include these findings and I plan on having another release in the next few days.

Without arduously studying the combat information, it's possible to miss a bit of damage dealt here and there. The vast majority is currently picked up by the parser.

Healing is another matter. I've been near other players that healed themselves and the log gives me credit for the heal!
You restored 55 of Oink's HP by using Revival Mantra II Effect.
I was playing my cleric at the time. I wasn't even in his group. Clerics don't have mantras. Healing is going to be a whole other venture. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment